AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me select a subwoofer. I am looking to spend $800 max but $600 or so is my target. I listen to 70% movies and 30% music. My room is 18 x 12 x 7 ½ feet. I have Salk HTS in an MTM configuration as front and center in-wall speakers. The rear speakers are in-ceiling.

I have the JVC XVBP1 quick-load Blu-ray player and a 50” Samsung 1080p DLP TV.

I have not selected a receiver yet but will pick one soon. There's my HT receiver thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post16970862

A few of the speakers I’m considering are the SVS PB12-NSD or PB-10 NSD, or the sealed SB-12 Plus. I’m also thinking about the Hsu VTF-3 MK3.

My wife likes the smaller sealed box subs better than the big ported subs, so that’s a factor but I’m ready to get myself in trouble over it. Would a 10” sub do fine in this room? Also, is SVS coming out with a replacement soon for its SB-12 plus?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice here and on the other subwoofer threads. I went with the Rythmic F12 with the 370W PEQ amplifier. I was sold on the small size and direct servo design, and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts