AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my X1 Infocus Projector. Projecting into a Da-Lite 84x84 matt white screen. Projector distance from the screen is 12.5 feet. I have left the colors settings on default values. I would like to know if someone has a chart of what the optimun color settings should be for the X1..I am projecting using a DTC-100 STB, JVC progressive scan DVD and my IBM Thinkpad T21 laptops for some games,sulf the internet, etc...

Please advice..

Mayimbe

Connecticut

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Everyone has there own preference, but I tend to like mine at 69-76 since there is no red push. It gives more saturated and vibrant colors. This helps a lot since I use a 9 foot diagonal 16:9 screen.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Try these settings:

Mode: Film

Contrast: 60

Brightness: 60-70 (usually depending on if it's a bright or dark movie)

Color: 69-76

Tint: 44

Sharpness: Sharper

Color Temperature: Cool (if I'm not mistaken the "Cool" setting is actually "Warm" from what I've heard)

Red: 76

Green: 65

Blue: 70

(you can lower the colors a little, but again, I like rich vibrant colors. They may be even vibrant if you're running a smaller screen than I am. I generally keep Red the highest, followed by Blue & then Green a little lower than both Red & Blue).

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
One more thing. If you are using your progressive scan player via S-Video than I believe you need to put it on "interlaced" instead of progressive. The X1 will take care of the deinterlacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.