AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything plugged in correctly. I ran the setup mic and have Audyssey in my EQ. I do not have 7.1, instead I have 5.1.

I went through the manual distance and level settings, noticed some things were off a little, adjusted those. But the receiver will not keep these settings in memory, just what it got from the setup mic.

How do I input the settings I want and force the receiever to remember them?

I have a subwoofer hooked up, an Athena M225, but it's acting weird. When the red light turns green it is supposed to be on. I am supposed to hear sound from it, and that sound is supposed to increase or decrease if I adjust the volume nob on it. I put my hand under there, and nothing is happening. I know it works, I can put in a movie and during a certain bass part I can feel the air getting pushed out the hole in the front. But it seems subdued somehow. Like my bass is no longer loud, and it is especially noticeable when I play music.

I have tried all the listening settings. I have been forced to turn up the bass just to get some decent deep sound. When I adjust the listening modes or the subwoofer settings in the receiver, the light turns red. It will turn green again if I start a movie, but there is no movement of the speaker during bass parts. This is very hard to describe. Basically I expect the subwoofer to be moving more than it is, hitting harder, for there to be more bass coming from it at all times, not just at certain parts.

I know it can work that way. It did when I had it hooked up to my previous receiver. It just doesn't seem to work that way with this receiver for some reason. Maybe a hidden setting somewhere? Is there any way to adjust this?

Than you for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

So I plugged in my bigger subwoofer and ran the test again. That subwoofer would not work with my previous receiver. It kept clicking on and off. I thought it was the sub. Well it is working great with the Onkyo.

But there is still something weird going on here. The bass is somehow subdued. I don't know any other way to express this. It is better than it was, but there has to be some setting somewhere that is causing this to happen. I have the sensitivity turned off, the sub has a crossover frequency I turned up, and I turned up its volume to 3/4.

Overall it is working better than my other, smaller, subwoofer. This one, my old one, is a 12" Sony.

Still have two questions... How to get this to memorize my manual settings for the levels, because it keeps putting the surround left down more than the right, even though I tape measured everything out and put the darn mic in the exact spots even from the walls and in the center of the room on the floor!

So I want to input my settings and get them memorized. The other thing is I want to know what could be possibly causing this subdued base. It is subtle bass now, which is OK, but I would like to rattle my walls.

I appreciate your help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts