AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bit of advice on setting up a Home Theater room (Media Room) in my basement. The size of the room is 11X18 with no windows. The main purpose of this room is only to watch movies with surround sound using a projector. I mean no gaming, no cable just purely movies.

After looking online mainly cnet.com, I am confused with the variety out there. Budget is not a concern, I can go as high as $2500 and want to get real theater effect.

I have following questions:

1. Is it a good idea to go for Bose Home Theater system?

2. Is there any "Home Theater In Box" systems that can deliver real cinema effect?

3. If I go for seperate systems, what are my options for speakers and receiver? I heard that Aperion Intimus are real good speakers, but i am not sure if these book shelf speakers can ruin my decor. I guess I can go with these if the sound is outstanding.

4. What would be a good TV or projector in the $800 - 1000 range?

I appreciate any advice to achieve my goal of perfect home theater.

Thank for looking!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
1. Buying a Bose system is NEVER a good idea for the money spent on bose you can get a far superior system

2. Yes they can if you buy a good one BUT with your budget of $2,500 you will have no problem getting a real cinema affect if not better. You will be best out buying separates though. $500 on a receiver and then the $2,000 on the speakers you will be blown out of the water

3. With separates you can pretty much mix and match most stuff but you want the front 3 speakers to match or be in the same line. There are many decor friendly speakers out there

4. Go to that respective forum and they'll help you there.

--------------------------------------------------------

So you are spending $2,500 on the audio portion of your home theater alone right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love the "I don't have a budget" followed by I can spend up to $2,500.

This is not an insult at all, but it's just funny seeing people new to home theater thinking $2,500 is an exorbitant amount of money. Hell, I know I did before this addiction took hold!

Oh and unless small size is of extreme importance I would avoid Bose. Even if you need something small there are better options than Bose.

·
Registered
19,802 Posts
Along with Aperion - Go to www.emptek.com and look at their

speaker packages. Go to www.crutchfield.com and look at the

Definitive Tech ProCinema 1000 package. Also take a trip over

to www.hsuresearch.com and look at their Enthusiast's speaker

packages. Also go to www.onecall.com and look at the Boston

VR1 towers and VRC center, plus the CR67 bookshelves for the

surrounds. Then back to HSU to pick a good sub. Then go over

to www.ac4l.com and look at the refurbish receivers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Aperion is offering a 6T package ,which includes 2-6T's, 1-6C 12D sub, and 2 5B's for 2499.00. That is not only a great system it is a great price. Sale ends 11/30, so if you are interested, I would jump on this deal. This is a top of the line setup.

I am an Aperion owner, I can honestly say that the value and excellence of Aperion is hard to beat. You can spend much more and get much less with competing brands.

The 6T's are a very highly respected and rated speaker, combined with the center, sub and surrounds I don't think you will have any regrets ,and have a system that will deliver what you are seeking.

I would hurry, Aperion deals are few and far between. Deal ends 11/30

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.