AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to all this and would appreciate some help setting up my subwoofer. I have a Denon 1612, Cambridge S30 speakers, and an Energy S10.3 sub. So far I have the speakers working fine, but I do not feel like the sub has kicked in at all so far. I have the crossover on the sub set to around 80 (this was recommended to me). I am not a huge thumping bass person and so far the speakers alone sound great on their own, but I wonder if I am missing something. I have mainly tested with music so far, but I can unplug the sub and I hear no difference. Are their settings in the receiver that I need to be setting also?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Yes, use the Audyssey calibration in the Denon to set speaker/sub levels, distance, and crossover frequency.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually tried that and I did hear the speakers making the noises, but when it said sub I heard nothing coming from the sub. Maybe the receiver didn't recognize the sub and therefore isn't playing it?

·
Registered
432 Posts
or maybe the volume on the sub is set too low???

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
As part of the calibration, it should test to see what's connected to determine your configuration (sends a test tone to each speaker connection, including sub, and sees if it hears the tone via the connected mic). Does the setup indicate that it found a sub?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts