Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sony 27" got 1 s-video an 3 rca.

what best way setup DSS, REPLAY,

can i setup like Sony SB-V55A A/V switcher to tv s-video then dss to replay then to switcher

help!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
One thing to keep in mind (and I only know this to be true of pre-4000 units) is that the ReplayTV boxes send a video signal even when they are powered off. Because this, with an auto switch you would want to set the ReplayTV as the input that is the last option, unless you have something else that is always on, like a DSS box at which point you are screwed. If you have more than one device that will be always sending a video signal I think you are going to better off with a manual switch.

RCA makes one that switches inputs when it receives a certain IR remote signal. The theory is that you can program it to respond when you turn the power of anything on. I have this on by RCA and programmed it once. If it looses power you have to do it all again. I just use it to select which signal goes to my bedroom, which doesn't really change much. I just press the buttons now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok your saying need to switchers to make this work darn

tv got 1 s-video 3 RCA

dss s-video

switcher s-video

replay s-video

cant have 2 switcher only got 1 s-video on tv so how 2 work

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Just an FYI, 4000's and up now blank the video when they are off. They work very well with auto switches now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.