AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I just bought a home theatre, kinda old, but works: (Philips hts9800w, 2006)

I am trying to find the best way to connect the theatre to my xbox slim and TV.

The thing about the home theatre, is that it is fantasticly bad at in/outputs.

I can really only choose between the old fasion component (red/white, aux) and coaxial, whitch ofcourse will be better.

I am thinkin i will connect the xbox to the tv by Hdmi and output the sound through coaxial or component. By "fixing" the component cable, so it will fit with the Hdmi, i can use hdmi for picture and component for audio.

Here lies the problem:

- I have heard that once the xbox sences and active hdmi, it will not output any signal througt components. Is this true?

- And if so, does this problem lie also with a coaxial output? Cause I have heard it doesnt effect an optical output.

But also, if i am to use the coaxial way to go about it, what kind on adaptor do i need?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you find out that it WON'T allow any other audio with HDMI, then change to COMPONENT video cables to your TV. The picture quality will be the same and probably allow component audio the the TV as well as coaxial audio to the receiver.

Bill C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks,

but will i get the same resolution with the component cables as I would with the Hdmi? I have read some different oppinions about it all arround.. Will i get 1080i/p with the componets ?

And is there a quality difference in different componet cables? (as in different brands)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.