AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 30" CRT Philips from a friend for free. It was working up until a week ago, but Murphy's law dictates it takes a dump as soon as I get it.

Here's the symptoms. When you hit the power button, there is some arcing in the very tip of the CRT tube for about two seconds, then it stops and the green power LED flashes 8 times repeatedly.

I found the service manual download for it and it is not much help. I think, but I'm not sure that the 8 flashes has to do with the 3D comb board.

I'm not super technical, but I can remove and replace components and have moderate to advanced soldering skills. My problem is the inability to diagnose.

The only obvious thing that looks "fried" is some heat discoloration on the board that attached to the back of the CRT.

If anyone could help me out, that would be great. If you need more info, let me know and I will tell you what I can.

Cheers!

Greg

·
Registered
712 Posts
You should ask over here: http://badcaps.net/forum/ You can find more technical minded people there. You say it arcs - this to me would indicate a problem with the flyback transformer or the circuit feeding it, but other people might have better ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts