AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a HK 3490, this reciever doesn't have a crossover in it, so I want to use the crossover on the sub to control the freq range, the thing is that on my sub if I use the LFE input then I can't use the freq knob on the sub to control it. In order to use the frequency control knob on the sub I need to connect it to the reciver via the low level rca inputs. I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this connection exactly, as far as where the output is on the reciever.

I'm thinking its either one of two things. I have a preamp output, which is used to connect an external amplifier. Would this work w/ powered subs too, or is this just for external amp for speakers? Or, I have two subwoofer outputs, which allows me to connect two subs to the reciever. Instead of two seperate LFE outputs to two seperate subs can these two connections be used as a low level output to one sub?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Just connect one of the sub outs from the HK to one of the sub's RCA input. I think. Your description is a bit confusing. Are you saying the sub has RCA input named LFE and LFE inputs labeled L and R? Then just use one of the L or R inputs. If not marked for which is mono, use left.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAz /forum/post/19591039

Just connect one of the sub outs from the HK to one of the sub's RCA input. I think. Your description is a bit confusing. Are you saying the sub has RCA input named LFE and LFE inputs labeled L and R? Then just use one of the L or R inputs. If not marked for which is mono, use left.

No, the sub has a seperate LFE input, and then under it there are two inputs (red and white), I believe they're called low level inputs. So if I connect the sub to the reciever using the LFE input, then the xover on the sub won't be active, if I use the low level input to connect it then the xover on the sub will be active, so I can set the pass filter to whatever I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts