AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 1015tx from another member here, and i was wondering if there is a way to reset the receiver back to factory default settings instead of me trying to change every setting he has already put in. anyone know? also, is there an ON SCREEN setup area for me to set things up such as a tone test etc? i don't see any tonetest button on the unit or the remote. TIA...and any other tips other 1015tx owners can give me would be greatly appreciately for my setup.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil
i just got a 1015tx from another member here, and i was wondering if there is a way to reset the receiver back to factory default settings instead of me trying to change every setting he has already put in. anyone know? also, is there an ON SCREEN setup area for me to set things up such as a tone test etc? i don't see any tonetest button on the unit or the remote. TIA...and any other tips other 1015tx owners can give me would be greatly appreciately for my setup.
Presumably you didn't get the manual with the unit. The pdf is available on Pioneer's website. Assuming that it is the same as the 1014, I copied the info from my 1014 manual pdf which I already had:

Resetting the main unit

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to

the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this.

1 Switch the receiver into standby.

2 While holding down the TONE button, press and

hold the STANDBY/ON button for about three seconds.

3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press ENTER.

OK? shows in the display.

4 Press SYSTEM SETUP to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver

has been reset to the factory default settings.

For system setup

Press the Receiver button on the remote (the multi control button with the green mark, not the orange power button).

Press the button labeled with green text that says System Setup near the arrow key pad on the remote to enter system setup.

There are a lot of features with little or no on screen explanation. You really should download the manual.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i have a couple more problems....i have my dvd player hooked up with compenent and then out to the tv component monitor out which is 480p...however. i have the satellite hooked up to the receiver with an SVideo cable, then out with svideo to my tv. here's the problem, when i switch to the satellite, it continues to output the video through the component, but since the compenent IN it's hooked up to on the TV is 480P, it does not display correctly. how can i get the receiver to switch video outputs when it switches video sources (input) to match? is this possible? the manual says it will choose component over svideo and then composite after that...so this is a problem. any ideas or solutions?

next problem i'm having is making the remote control my tv. i followed the directions, but the LCD on the remote does not list SAMSUNG, it lists SA1, SA2 etc and then SANYO, SONY and that's about it. the manual also does not include manufacturers numbers to input into the remote on my own...so how can i get the remote to work for the tv? the remote works automatically for my dvd player since it's also pioneer...but i need this function to work. any thoughts???

my tv is a Samsung 5515w 55" rear projo if that helps....TIA

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. actually i realized that the 1015tx is doing the correct thing. the problem is, the tv is not able to take a 480i input into the 480p component input of the tv. so basically, the tv can not accept an interlaced signal into the progessive component input. my tv has only 2 component inputs, one for 480i, and the other for 480p/1081i

so now the problem is, i have to use the tv remote to change to SVIDEO, and then everything is fine. so now all i really need to figure out is how to make the 1015tx remote control the tv....then i'll be a happy camper...so any suggestions with that? there are no codes in the pioneer manual for me to assign it to the remote to make it work on the tv. so any ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil
ok. actually i realized that the 1015tx is doing the correct thing. the problem is, the tv is not able to take a 480i input into the 480p component input of the tv. so basically, the tv can not accept an interlaced signal into the progessive component input. my tv has only 2 component inputs, one for 480i, and the other for 480p/1081i

so now the problem is, i have to use the tv remote to change to SVIDEO, and then everything is fine. so now all i really need to figure out is how to make the 1015tx remote control the tv....then i'll be a happy camper...so any suggestions with that? there are no codes in the pioneer manual for me to assign it to the remote to make it work on the tv. so any ideas?
If the remote is the same as the one which comes with the 1014 (AXD7381) or similar, then it has a learning mode where you program it button by button using the other remote. I programmed it this way to control all of my remote enabled devices - cable box, vcr, cd player and xbox. I no longer use any of the other remotes except for a few obscure rarely used functions that I did not bother to program since it would be difficult to remember them due to such infrequent use. This is also in the manual, in the section following the section about programming via code.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You didn't say anything further about system setup. The auto calibration worked great for me and I highly recommend using it unless you happen to enjoy using a tape measure and sound pressure meter to do it manually. If you haven't already done so, spend some time listening to and positioning your speakers at your preferred orientation (toe-in, distance from wall, etc) and also position the other furniture in the room in their permanent locations. Then prepare for the auto calibration. I recommend using a tripod or small table to position the mike pointing straight up at ear height at your preferred seating position. Then turn off all potential sources of noise like phones, fans, air con, refrigerator (don't forget to turn back on after) and then start the routine and exit the room (it tends to be unpleasantly loud with efficient speakers and minor noise from fidgiting about can mess it up). After it finishes check the calculated level for the subwoofer. You want it to be as close to 0db as possible, so if it set a +value like +8db then the volume on your subwoofer was set too low. Increase the volume on the subwoofer a fixed amount and then rerun the auto calibration. Obviously, do just the opposite, before rerunning, if a -value was calculated. You should be able to zero in close to 0db with just a few calibration runs. After achieving this, inspect the subwoofer distance calculation and all of the other speaker settings and verify that they are reasonable and tweak distances if necessary. Decide how you want your speakers designated as far as large or small and sub on or plus and change these if the calibration routine designated them differently. Note that these settings can be changed while playing back music or dvds so you can evaluate the effect of the different settings in real time.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did run the autocalibration, but the distance settings were WAY off...i redid them manually...sounds pretty good.

as for the remote, i tried the learning button way, but it is still not working. maybe i did it wrong. i'll try it again tonight. TIA

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i figured it out. i had to use component 1, adn tel it to use both 480p and 480i, so now it works perfectly!!! now if i can just get the remote to control the TV, i'll be set!!! thanks for everyone's help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.