AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearly at wits end with this receiver when it comes to video resolution. There is conflicting information on the internet. Some retailers state this receiver will pass 1080p signaling, and upconvert standard imaging to 1080i. Purchased this receiver so I could hook up PS3 (HDMI), comcast cable (HDMI), wii (component-hoping to upconvert). Here is where I have problems.

With the PS3 connected directly to the television, I can change the video output on the PS3 to 1080p, and the tv (sharp aquos lc-c5277un) recognizes this. When I connect the PS3 to an hdmi input on the receiver and switch to the corresponding input, I get a blank screen bc the receiver wont pass a 1080p image. I then had to connect the PS3 directly to the television to change its output back to 1080i. When i hooked it back up through the receiver, now I can get imaging through the receiver.

Called SONY Support, and they confirmed this receiver is not capable of any 1080p imaging. Does anyone else find this odd that hooking up 1080p capable components to SONY's top-of-the-line receiver actually downgrades image quality. I am mostly concerned with watching blu ray movies on the PS3.

I know i can keep the PS3 connected to the tv directly, and run separate audio to the receiver, but I was hoping to avoid changing inputs on the tv (i like the idea of 1 hdmi cable running from receiver to tv).

Other people on forums are reporting 1080p from this exact same receiver....am i missing something??? people please help!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Setting up this receiver is no walk in the park. You must make sure that the PS3 is connected to the DN1000 via HDMI cable to one of the 4 HDMI inputs on the DN1000. Then you must use and program the HDMI input that you connected the PS3 to. By this I mean select the input (HDMI1 or HDMI2 or HDMI3 or HDMI4). Take a look at the remote and you can find the four HDMI buttons. Do NOT use the BD button or any other buttons other than the HDMI buttons. You can reprogram the HDMI names so that they have a meaningful name on the DN1000 display when selected.

The DN1000 will pass 1080p, it does for me. Also It will upconvert to non 1080 sources to 1080i.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchase SONY STR DN-1000 FROM NEWEGG FOR $299.00. I have a question regarding auto calibration, I hope someone could help me out. When setting auto calibration initial set up is set to FULL FLAT. Is there any diffrence in sound reproduction by switching this setting to: ENGINEER, FRONT REF OR OFF?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts