AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in quite a long time. I currently have Def Tech BP7002s, CLR2500, BPX rears, and an ED A5 sub. Sooooo... As much as I enjoy movies, these speakers are not too great for music IMO. Also, I originally bought the def techs thinking that I wouldn't buy a sub and now that I have bought a sub, I kind of feel that half the reason I bought the def techs has gone to waste. I am needing help with a few things:

1. How much should I sell the speakers for? I will be keeping the ED sub

2. What would you get that is still good for movies but is more musical in around the same price range give or take an extra $1000 as what i could get for the Def Techs? BTW: I have no issue buying used!

Some options i have considered are:

Monitor Audio

Paradigm

Aperion

Axiom

I welcome any other suggestions, please remember I will need to replace the fronts, center, and rears.

Thanks guys!!

btw: my room is 20 x 13 and semi-open and I am using a Pioneer Elite sc-05 receiver if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have bp7000's. I think if I changed speakers, I'd go with KEF else look further into PSB speakers. I'd like to try Revel but that's way out of my range

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Monitor Audio Paradigm Aperion Axiom

Not sure if any of those, except maybe the MA Silver & Gold, are an upgrade to the DefTech.

DenPureSound tried the Aperion Verus Grand towers. He compared them to the DefTech BP7001SC and thought the BP7001SC sound much better. He ended up buying the BP7001SC.

I would look to KEF & Revel. They are great as long as you can get the great prices. PM me if you need the contact info about dealer.

2 x KEF Q900 / $1284.00

2 x F12 / $1264.00

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I would suggest checking ebay/audiogon to see what other speakers like yours have sold for or are listed for. One small probelm is the shipping cost for your mains could lower the price someone is willing to pay. As far as alternatives, there are so many good speakers available today you simply have to go out and auition as many as you can. I know how dificult that can be. My latest speaker purchases (Dynaudio Countour 1.8's and Carver al-III's) were Craigslist finds. If you are lucky, you can find some good to great used speakers locally. You might want to try repositioning your definitives before you give up on them. They can sound very different depending on where they are placed in a room.

·
Registered
19,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by socwrkr  /t/1415350/need-help-want-to-upgrade-from-def-tech#post_22126521

2. What would you get that is still good for movies but is more musical in around the same price range give or take an extra $1000 as what i could get for the Def Techs? BTW: I have no issue buying used!

Some options i have considered are:

Monitor Audio

Paradigm

Aperion

Axiom

I welcome any other suggestions, please remember I will need to replace the fronts, center, and rears.
Monitor Audio Silver, Focal, KEF Q

1 - 5 of 5 Posts