AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently having a "fight" with the company that handles the warranty of my LCD TV, so I need some expert help regarding this.

Info:

Tatung 42" - "full HD", model TATUNG V42EMGI info

Pictures taken using 1920x1080

1. What is the error/fault/condition called that you can from the pictures?

From what I can see, it looks like the TV is "ghosting" the inverted/complementary color.

2. Any idea what is causing it? (My TV is not the only one suffering form this, several of same model are)

And finally:

The response I got was somethin like this "This is a TV NOT A MONITOR. Use the resolution that looks best!"

From what I've read, there actually is no difference, besides that a TV includes a tuner. Right?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I might sound dumb for asking this but have you tried to play with sharpness settings? On some tvs putting it to 0 fixes this problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi zplol, and thanks for taking the time.

Fortunately there is no way to alter any sharpness level when TV is connected via DVI. Tried to alter via Catalyst Control Center, but no-go.

I'll see if I can get a DVI-HDMI converter and change the change the sharpness there.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I suggest swapping out to a different set of cables - this type event can replicate when bad cables or out of alignment or improperly seated cable or try a different INPUT.

For TV try component cables to see if it replicates and if this is occurring with PC perhaps it's limited to Dsub 15 connector or VGA --- check your owners manual in re to PC Use and what they recommend. Often an input is dedicated to PC use on higher end panels but I cannot speak to a Tatung model. Your owners manual should address whether it is PC capable and the recommended connnections. If they don't have it in the manual as a covered feature then they don't have to support it and yes they can limit their support to it's TV performance.

Also, check HTPC threads for hobbyists that use self inventive ways to maximize that interface as your video card and software has a play in this also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts