AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have attached a sketch of my living room where i am looking for tips on 5.1 setup. The main problem is that front right and left will not be far enough from each other, due to the TV-wall beeing to short, and having a fireplace on the side of it. But i see no other option than just separating those speakers as best i can.

The main difficulty is the rear speakers. There is no wall on the right side of the sofa, the current wall is a some distance away, and it is supposed to be moved, so in the future, the wall will be even farther away. So i'm looking for tips about setup of the rear speakers mainly, they should be pretty small and discrete if at all possible. Is there a speaker-type that would give decent sound on the backwall? A Bipole? I am a bit skeptical if dipoles though. Concrete tips about products are also welcome, I am a bit weary about spending more than 2500 dollars on the speakers (not including subs), but i can go lower if it gives acceptable quality, maybe down to the 600-700 dollar range if there are acceptable products in this price-range.

PS: measurements are approx lengths in feet. Just to give a general idea of the setup.

AtW

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would mount small speakers high, angling down in that case. Above the TV and then above the seating in the case of surrounds.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Tech /forum/post/18133341

I would mount small speakers high, angling down in that case. Above the TV and then above the seating in the case of surrounds.

Thanks for the feedback, I have considered mounting the rears from the ceiling (although a bit lower is probably ideal soundwise), it is a somewhat convinient and good-looking solution.

But whats the upside of mounting the front-speakers high?

AtW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.