AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened with the first time being under warranty . The tv is a Zenith 56' Rear Projection , Manf. Sept '98 .

Had the tv on & went into the computer room . A few minutes later , I smelled something burning (circuit board type burning smell) coming from the living room . Went & checked on the tv & there was sound but no picture .

I just want to know if it's worth it to fix ? I mean I've called a few places to see if they'd come & give a free estimate but no one will . I want to know what's wrong with my tv before some service tech tries to screw me over saying I needed this & that replaced & charge me half of what it would cost to buy a new tv .

I'm looking at a $35. service charge to evaluate the tv to find out what's wrong & $60. an hour labor + parts . ($200.- $500. ?)

I just want a few opinions from the people in the forum on what this problem could be & then go from there . Any insight would be helpful :)

If all else fails , I'll try selling it as is for $200. - $300. :confused:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Finding good service can be tough. I say,"bite the bullet";have it evaluated. THEN;make your decision. If you're hankering for a new set;donate yours. The new sets are better and cheaper. This time buy the 5 year extended warranty for peace of mind. Geo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.