AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this post http://www.avsforum.com/t/1515202/moire-issue-with-my-elite-acoustic-pro-screen-and-my-new-optima-hd25e in the projector forum, thinking that the moire issue was caused by my new Optima HD25E projector. I really need some help with what I'm thinking I the "holy grail" of projector screens....a retractable, sub $1000, acoustically transparent projector screen.

Here's my situation: I have a family room with a plasma and in wall speakers. I mounted my Optima HD25E 14' away from my previously owned Elite 1080P AT screen. My previous projector Infocus76 showed no moire on the same screen. Elite suggested moving the projector closer and farther which didn't seem to help.

From my research it looks like I can buy a $2000 4K screen, buy a fixed screen (which won't help since it will block the plasma), or move my speakers which has it's own set of problems.

My questions....Are there any other options? Did I choose the wrong projector? Is there any lens fix I can make? Is there a DIY retractable screen where I can use an AT material? Can I really be the only one who mounted a projector in their family room to display in front of a plasma with in wall speakers? Please help! I've attached some of the images showing the problem.

This image is of a white piece of paper held in front of the screen contrasting the difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Did you try the projector on eco mode? Has the brightness and contrast been set with a disk? Just wondering if it is to bright. If you have an ND filter for a camera hold it over the lens to see if dimming the light fixes it.. sunglasses would work for a simple test I think.

The other issue is of course the old projector was 720 so the pixels were larger for the given size. Try zooming it out all the way or If the projector is not mounted try moving it closer so you can zoom the picture much larger making the pixel structure much larger and see if that effect the moire. I have no experience with this but that is what I would try..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts