AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at TV I decided that I would rather go with a projector and move my 55 inch out to to the family room. I would like to put a projector in my bedroom that I can hook to a pc or ps3 or xbox360 To view just movies on Blue-ray and some streaming off of Netflix. I have a budget of about $1000. The wall is about 8 ft wide and 10 ft tall so I have plenty of area to play with solid white. I only have about 8 to 10 ft back to place the projector.

Few question I have should I buy a screen with the white walls if so would you recommend one. I have been looking at the Benq 1070 but im open to ideas on other projectors. Like I said I want to spend under $1000 but i'm also open to buying a better projector if reason are valid. This is not something I will use that often maybe a few times a month. Also for sound I'm open for Ideas. I would love to do some sorta of headphone setup but open to all idea. I have a Bose 123 system but the sound I don't like for moves because of my vaulted ceilings. Also how is the sound in some of these projectors that has it built in? Sorry this is all new to me thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
The W1070 is an excellent choice.

Sound in projectors sucks. It's there to 'get by' and that's about it.

www.accessories4less.com has some nice home theater surround systems which will do far better than Bose for just a few hundred dollars.

You can also hook up headphones (wired) to those surround systems for personal listening.

Oh, and I would probably skip the screen for the time being. You can pick up a SilverTicket or Elite SableFrame screen at a future point if you find your wall isn't as flat as you would like it to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More questions

Thank you for your help. With the sound I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. The Bose I loved but the sound was bad because of the vaulted Celings like I pointed out for movies. I thought since it was in the bedroom I could get nice sound from a headphone set up. What would you suggest for the sound I would like something that sounds ok but don't need something that going to rock the whole house . One thing I like with that Bose setup up it wasn't a lot of things to it. I don't have seven speakers receiver ect. Also after reading more if anyone can tell me the difference between benq w1070 vs the benq 1085st. Or I will take recommendation for another type unde 1500 dollar projector prefer to stay under 1000. Thank you for you time in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts