AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started at a new job and was nominated to be the new IT guy by default simply because I can plug a computer in. We have a media room with a NEC LT260 hard wired in. The unit seems to work fine for the first 20 min. but then a white line shows up down the middle of the screen. It does this on all the imputs (DVD player, RGB) I've tried to replace the bulb with two other bulbs I've found on site and the same thing keeps happening. I'm not sure how old any of the 3 bulbs are and I've also ordered a brand new one just to have on hand but it's not here yet. The hour meter on the projector is 1801.

is this just a simple bulb problem or is there something wrong with the projector itself?

any help would be wonderful.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spoke to a guy at one local retailer and he said it sounds like there is an issue with the chip and that it is not worth fixing. does anyone out there have any other insight that could help me.

thanks

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The bulb will never be the cause of any problem with the image other than reduced brightness/contrast.

The issue with the solid white line is a failure in the electronics and not worth repairing due to cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts