AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I was referred to this site by a friend & he said you guys would be extremely helpful! I just bought my first HDTV (samsung 650 series
) & need help with the display's calibration. I have absolutely no idea how to set it up so it will looks its best
. The TV still has all factory settings as it was only delivered yesterday afternoon. Any tips & hints will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

For the best out of box setting ... the movie mode gives you that.

Beyond that, you need a test disc to do some fine tuning calibration work yourself.

AVIA II or Digital Video Essentials are good places to start.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so much for your help! A calibration disc is in the mail & I've gone through & adjusted the color settings! Thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased this wonderful TV as well and while that link to calibrating it will surely be very helpful, arent you supposed to "break in" new plasmas first?

Does anyone have recommendations of what settings should be used and how long one needs to "break in" their TV before calibrating it to "optimal" settings?

If theres another post that has this that I missed in my search, please feel free to link to it!

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Movie mode will be just fine.

If you're a DIY'er, adjust settings right out of the box. It's not costing you anything and you can always fine tune as the display ages and/or drifts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well that seems easy enough... so theres nothing I need to do to "break it in"? I've seen a few people mention some DVD that youre supposed to play for 100 hours, but havent found what actual DVD that is... is it necessary?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Just use it normally and be responsible to avoid things that will lead to burn in.

Is being responsible with the TV too much to ask?
For some it apparently is.

If you want to game ... then make sure you give it other stuff for similar amount of time after the game session. Do not just turn it off.

Minimize 4:3 material. No black bars on the sides.

regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts