AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooping I am in the right place for this but if not please advise me where I might need to post this question.

I found a jvc- dla-x9 projector for a really great price so I thought. I was told the bulb would need to be replaced and I was ok with that. Also I did not get the remote for it.I took it to a local Electronics repair shop to purchased a bulb for it. They had the original bulb for it and installed it but it did not come on. After doing some research I found out that you must reset the bulb hours for the bulb to light. and to do this with the remote. I only had a harmony remote and I gave it to the repair shop programmed for the unit. They could still not make it work. The unit is under warranty until May of 2014 but since I do not have an original receipt for it JVC will not do anything for me. So the electronics shop went to looking at it and thought it might be the main board out. They have ordered the board to try but it is on back ordered. I know this board is around 500.00 or so but I would be ok with that if it was truely the resolution to the problem. I just would like the unit fixed so I can use it. They say the board is backordered from JVC. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions if this does not work of letting me know where I could get this fixed as reasonably as possible? I am just not really buying into the main board idea. Any help would be appreciated. I have downloaded the manual but that did not help. Even got the service manual. It seems to reference software that you can use on the unit to determine the problem. The unit will come on but the lamp will not light. After a bit lamp light goes orange and starts flashing. Any help would be aprreciated. thanks

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Resetting the bulb hour meter should not be required to get the bulb to light I think. Does the manual say this is required? It sounds like a bulb power supply issue, the striking circuit maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts