AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 3 year old 50" Samsung DLp - HLM507W.

I think I got a geat deal at $200

The guy told me it needs a color wheel which I founf online for $100. However, before I spend this money I want to make sure that is what it needs.

The problem is with the picture. The picture will be fine for a little bit, but then the color starts to flicker. Kind of looks like heat lightning. He said when he put a fan next to it to keep it cool it didn't do it as much.

Do you guys think this is a colorwheel problem? Or could this be more of a bulb issue?

I don't want to just through parts at this thing because I really can't afford to.

I am new to this board, and appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2646 /forum/post/0

The guy told me it needs a color wheel which I founf online for $100. However, before I spend this money I want to make sure that is what it needs.

The problem is with the picture. The picture will be fine for a little bit, but then the color starts to flicker. Kind of looks like heat lightning. He said when he put a fan next to it to keep it cool it didn't do it as much.

Do you guys think this is a colorwheel problem? Or could this be more of a bulb issue?

I don't want to just through parts at this thing because I really can't afford to.

Thanks

I'm no expert but it sounds to me like its more of a ballast problem than a bulb. But you are probably going to need a new bulb soon regardless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a hlp4667 dlp samsung and i replaced the color wheel and now on dark screens i get a haze or shadow on screen and peoples faces any ideas?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rainman I find out that if you lower the speed on the color wheel take care

of that haze and shadows. For example default on mine was "224 drop to

"214" problem solve.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2646 /forum/post/10591368

Thanks

Does not sound like a color wheel issue. Usually when the color wheel goes it sound like aa buzz saw! It also could be a circuit board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts