AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 3 year old 50" Samsung DLp - HLM507W.

I think I got a geat deal at $200

The guy told me it needs a color wheel which I founf online for $100. However, before I spend this money I want to make sure that is what it needs.

The problem is with the picture. The picture will be fine for a little bit, but then the color starts to flicker. Kind of looks like heat lightning. He said when he put a fan next to it to keep it cool it didn't do it as much.

Do you guys think this is a colorwheel problem? Or could this be more of a bulb issue?

I don't want to just through parts at this thing because I really can't afford to.

I am new to this board, and appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2646 /forum/post/0

The guy told me it needs a color wheel which I founf online for $100. However, before I spend this money I want to make sure that is what it needs.

The problem is with the picture. The picture will be fine for a little bit, but then the color starts to flicker. Kind of looks like heat lightning. He said when he put a fan next to it to keep it cool it didn't do it as much.

Do you guys think this is a colorwheel problem? Or could this be more of a bulb issue?

I don't want to just through parts at this thing because I really can't afford to.

Thanks

I'm no expert but it sounds to me like its more of a ballast problem than a bulb. But you are probably going to need a new bulb soon regardless.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2646 /forum/post/10591368

Thanks

Does not sound like a color wheel issue. Usually when the color wheel goes it sound like aa buzz saw! It also could be a circuit board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts