AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is asking for help on his Samsung HCM4215W CRT RP tv, the convergance just went way out of whack on it and we would like an estimate of how much it would cost to fix it, we are thinking maybe it needs a new convergance board perhaps?

My father really doesn't have the money to buy a new tv now, he really wants to just get this fixed since he likes it very much and has had many great years of service with it.

If there are any tv repair men in this section that could maybe give us a reasonable estimate on a repair price, it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is the proper forum section to say this but i figured i would try this section out.

thanks,

Matt~

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks like a convergence circuit problem--either an IC or a resistor in the circuit failed...partswise about $40.00 to $70.00 but unfortunately labor at about 1.5 to 2hrs would be at least $200.00 for a reliable, experienced tech.I just picked up a Samsung HC-P4752w for $30.00 with what appears to be the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 /forum/post/14297632

My father is asking for help on his Samsung HCM4215W CRT RP tv, the convergance just went way out of whack on it and we would like an estimate of how much it would cost to fix it, we are thinking maybe it needs a new convergance board perhaps?

My father really doesn't have the money to buy a new tv now, he really wants to just get this fixed since he likes it very much and has had many great years of service with it.

If there are any tv repair men in this section that could maybe give us a reasonable estimate on a repair price, it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is the proper forum section to say this but i figured i would try this section out.

thanks,

Matt~

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 /forum/post/14308151

Looks like a convergence circuit problem--either an IC or a resistor in the circuit failed...partswise about $40.00 to $70.00 but unfortunately labor at about 1.5 to 2hrs would be at least $200.00 for a reliable, experienced tech.I just picked up a Samsung HC-P4752w for $30.00 with what appears to be the same problem

That's interesting that your tv had the same simialr problem. it's a great tv though when it works right. thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts