AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo, I have this posted in another thread, but I did not see a screen forum last night, found it today, I knew there had to be one.

I am doing a theater build, probably not going to be all I want right now, but a theater is never done, I am just thrilled to finally have my own little theater room. I had the builder over my house last night and we figured I would have enough room for a 4' High screen due to a lower ceiling and a soffit build I am doing for a night sky mural later on. My builder is bit of a novice on this subject, but a very good builder and will give me want. The screen wall will be wide at 15'. I bought a Panasonic PT-8000AU back on Cyber Monday and I received it a couple of days before Christmas, I thought my theater going to be started back then, but that is another subject in its own.

I have decided to do a fixed screen and I will be mounting the projector from the ceiling at about 12' to the screen. So I am looking at a space for a screen at about 4' High X 6' or 7' or 8'?? I think a 2:35:1 would be ideal for this room. I hope I am making this clear, but again I have never used either or before and this is a completely new world to me. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Reef

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby  /t/1522412/need-help-with-a-screen-noob#post_24479274

With that projector and a 12' throw distance you aren't going to be able to get a 2.35:1 screen that is 4' high.

Try looking at this calculator and see if it helps clear things up for you:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE8000-projection-calculator-pro.htm
Thank you for posting this. I contacted Seymour and something similar to what I get on this chart is what was recommended to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts