Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of glue should I use to attach GOM to a rigid fiber glass board? Any tips on how to do that? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't recall seeing anyone actually gluing fabric to a fiberglass panel. I build a wood frame around which my fabric is stretched, then the linacoustic (fiberglass) is just "friction fit" inside the wood panel.

Eric.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I bought 10 acoustic wall panels from acousticalsolutions.com (Alphasorb)that have GOM stretched and pulled over. It appears they used something like 3M spray adhesive to attach these.

Be careful, though, they used a very rigid fiberglass sheet, most likely Owens Corning 707 series, which does not bend and can even be routed to create nice beveled edge without needing any special wooden frames.

The "regular" rigid fiberglass panels from Owens Corning, like the 703 or 705 series, are supposedly not as dense/firm and would require a backing and frame to allow fabric to be stretched and attached.

-D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes I have the 703 (got it from work) and it did need a 1/4 backing to staple the cloth too. I will try the 707 next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.