AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get ASIO output to work, but haven't had any luck. I am running a Windows XP Pro setup with the latest drivers for the M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 ("AP2496"). I am trying to use Winamp 3 with an ASIO plug-in (BTW, the only one I was able to find was from a Japanese site).

Output from the AP2496 is through the SPDIF connector. When I select Waveout as the audio output in Winamp, everything sounds fine, but when I switch to the ASIO output, I get no sound at all. The meters in the M-Audio control panel show that I'm getting a signal, but I can't figure out how to get sound out.

Unfortunately, I'm not at my setup right now, so I may be leaving out some details, but does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

·
Registered
63 Posts
AFAIK the plugin was for Winamp 2.x only.

Anyway, the ASIO plugin has a 'Shift Output Channels' option. Try to increase & see what you get after you restart the playback.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The author of the ASIO plugin also has a version of his plugin for Winamp3 and foobar. The Winamp 3 version is at

http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/cnv_pcmasio.html

He recently moved his WEB site. When you see a signal you need to look which channels are active. I had to shift the channels by 2 to get the output to the S/PDIF port on my DIO 24/96

Cheers

Thomas

P.S.: This plugin also works great with the Echo Indigo PCMCIA sound card. Using this card with Etymotic ER-4S ear canal phones makes a great portable system.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thomaspf,

I thought I was the only joker that had both the Etymotic ear canal phones and the Echo Indigo. I'll try the ASIO plugin. I can't imagine it could sound any better than it does now.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
@orbitzboy

I hope I don't upset the guardians of this forum but I just posted an upgrade to my Indigo / Etymotic experience on headwize.

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.