AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not asking a basic question in an Advanced forum, but where Google leads, I follow. ^_^

I grabbed the DVIco FusionHDTV DVB-T card because all the PC mags said it was one of the best. I'm sure they meant it in terms of HDTV, but my problem involves an analogue source.

I'm using Fusion HDTV v3.00.01, and I've tried recording a VHS tape using Composite cables. The result was horrifically interlaced. I have never seen worse. Even fiddling with the Deinterlacing option (Auto, None, BOB, Software), the result is unwatchable (Decoder = Zulu, not DxVA. My card is Nvidia. Not that I haven't tried DxVA). Add to that, the quality/compression is just plain bad (Quality set to Highest, Profile = DVD).

I tried recording a console game plugged in via S-Video, hoping for better. It was just as bad. The smallest, slightest movement was so interlaced it was ridiculous. I hate to say it, but the $60 Spirit Analogue TV Tuner card I bought maybe 5 years ago was much higher quality in terms of viewing and encoding (I've already recorded parts of the game with the Spirit card. Pretty darn decent, but rather soft). I thought a $250 HDTV card would do better.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try that might help, without plugging the old card in again?

Kisses XXOOXX

Jen

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.