AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have an Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15" that I want to use for my home theater. Going to put it in a sealed box but I'm not sure on the volume. I've read something 3 - 4 cf would work, but I know larger would be more sufficient. 

Here are the t/s if anybody has winsid and could plug them in for me. 

Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15"

Fs 15.70 Hz

Re 3.20 Ohm

Qms 3.50

Qes 0.33

Sd 749.0 cm2

Vas 300.6 l

Xmax peak 27.00 mm

Le 2.40 mH

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Let me take a look and see what I can find.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
It wants 2.5 for a 702 Qtc. How much juice are you going to feed it and do you have hp/dsp capability?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
You mean the SPA correct?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I would go 3cf, you're not going to gain much by going 4 and it'll help with over excursion. If you came in at 2.5 with displacement that would be fine. It'll give you room for boost up higher. So 3cf is my take anyway.

Reactions: invain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks. When I had this in my car years ago I was using a 2.5 cf sealed box. For some reason I was thinking for a home audio application the box would need to be much bigger. 

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Well you can but you're feeding it a 1000w. The larger the enclosure the easier it is to over drive your driver. You do have room for boost, but then you only have one filter to work with. How hard do you plan on running it, what size is your room?

EDIT> One of the nice traits of a good driver is that it doesn't take a huge enclosure to have a decent response. This is your driver compared to the LMS 15 same power. As you can see it's doing pretty good being ahead just looking at things from a spl standpoint. Thing is though, the LMS has more left in the tank with 500ish more power if fed to it which would put it past Ava 15. Your F3 is at about 33hz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.