AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't really know too much about speakers but I've been searching online for a while now trying to find a good (cheap) pair of speakers for a small room set-up. So far I've been interested in the BIC America DV62si and the Pioneer SP-BS22 but haven't been able to decide between the two. Which one is better for a small room and are there any other speakers I should be looking at in the sub 130 dollar price range?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petden  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23224673

How are you going to be powering them and what will you be using them for, music, movies?
Im going to use this sony receiver that I have lying around my house and primarily going to use them for music but maybe movies and videogames on occasion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wronganswer  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23224804

IMO Polk monitor35B are better than the Pioneers and Bics in that price range.
Thanks. They look pretty solid but are a little out of my price range. Is it really worth the extra money or should I just stick with the Pioneers or BIC? I need to buy them off of amazon since I have a gift card.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLight  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23224842

A 2.0 set up definitely BIC DV62's. Polk Monitor 45's would be closer than the 35's.
So the BIC speakers are better overall? What about the JBL ES20's? They're on amazon for 129.99. Are they any good?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23224994

Amazon has the Polk T15 speakers for $149/pair.

That would be my first choice.
I'll keep these in mind. But with shipping and taxes these go somewhat above my price range. Are the cheaper Polk speakers any good?

·
Registered
172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTeardrop  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23225776

would you say the sony's are a better choice than the BIC and the Pioneer's?
You must decide that with your ears. To me, Sonys are better sounding than pioneers. I have never heard the Bic's.

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTeardrop  /t/1469081/need-help-with-choosing-a-pair-of-bookshelf-speakers-for-dorm#post_23225863

So I should just go with pioneer's? Should I still consider the jbl's?

You should try to listen and decide for yourself. Or if you cannot, then you just need to take a chance on something based on what you are hearing about the speakers in question.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts