AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Been searching for a projector that fits my needs for couple days now and it brought me to this forum so I decided to create an account an ask here. I have zero knowledge about project and all I got is a budget of $600 for project that is to be used for movies and some gaming. I have a pretty small room and the space I got is about 80' diagonally which is where I plan to set the projector to. There are many options for my budget and I cannot decide which one to get. Could you please help me out and give me an idea on which one I should get. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. Been searching for a projector that fits my needs for couple days now and it brought me to this forum so I decided to create an account an ask here. I have zero knowledge about project and all I got is a budget of $600 for project that is to be used for movies and some gaming. I have a pretty small room and the space I got is about 80' diagonally which is where I plan to set the projector to. There are many options for my budget and I cannot decide which one to get. Could you please help me out and give me an idea on which one I should get. Thank you.
Check out the Optoma HD141X. It sells for between $500-$600, has 3000 lumens, 1080p native resolution and some pretty good reviews online

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the Optoma HD141X. It sells for between $500-$600, has 3000 lumens, 1080p native resolution and some pretty good reviews online
Thank you. After few more research, I found out that the BenQ W1070 is the popular one and is also few bucks away from my budget. I might be going to that instead since most of reviews says it is good for gaming because of low latency. Right now it's $655 at amazon.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
The W1070 is the best looking model under $1,500 by most accounts and reviews. It's certainly 'the' projector to get and offers a true 1080p image. The reality is that your budget doesn't actually offer you that many 1080p choices. You get a lot of non-1080p models, but not many 1080p models.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pro...jw=&pjh=&td=&is=&i=d&tr=&oop=1&sort=pop&sz=15

Just 2 actually (though others may be on sale under $600).

But, add $100 or $200 and your options go way up...
http://www.projectorcentral.com/pro...jw=&pjh=&td=&is=&i=d&tr=&oop=1&sort=pop&sz=15

Still, it is the W1070 which delivers on the goods for the money.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W1070.htm

Make sure to read reviews, understand what throw distance, lens offset, and lens shift are before you purchase to be sure the projector will fit in your room properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. So I installed it on a wall shelve above my television. Now when I project it on the wall parallel to it the image is too high that I have to place the projector facing downward which is I think a bit of risky cause it might fall. Can I just place the projector upside down on the wall shelve and maybe secure it with some velcro or anything? Would that be fine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS: So I did placed it on the wall shelve upside down with two feet that I attached to the shelve and it works perfectly. I like this one better than the previous setup. This one looks secured than what I did first. Only thing I needed to do is to change the position on the settings. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts