AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to wire this thing up.

The best configuration I have so far is to have the 119 dish going into both of the 22Khz inputs and the 101 dish feeds both of the 0 Hz inputs.

With this setup, I can get signals on all the transponders of the 101 dish, and only the odd transponders on the 119.

With any other configuration, I get even fewer signals. How does everybody else have theirs hooked up?

By the way, one last thing that could be wrong is that I haven't hooked the RG-6 cables up to a grounding block yet. Might that be a problem?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
209 Posts
it sounds like you have it wired up properly. if you're only missing either even or odd on one transponder, it sounds like a bad LNB (or perhaps a bad wire). try swapping the wires and see if you can suddenly see only the even ones on 119.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried switching the wires to the LNB, still can't get the even transponders on the 119 bird. When I try hooking the output of the LNB straight into the STB, I can get all of the transponders. That happens with both outputs of the LNB.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the multiswitch is bad. However, given the reputation of Eagle Aspen on this board, that seems a bit unlikely.

Any other ideas?

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out... The multiswitch is indeed broken http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

I hooked up the outputs of the multiswitch to my multimeter and found that the 18V/22Khz output was putting out 0 volts.

Ugh, I hate waiting for equipment...

------------------

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.