AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had my graphic eye installed. It's an old one, GR2000-4. The remote wasn't working so I called tech support and they sent me a new one. Unfortunatey, that did not resolve the problem. When I called them back, he said that is was a bad IR receiver and they did not fix those and he couldn't so anything else. The Graphic eye well past any warranty (I was told). Does anyone know where I can get this fixed or if it's even repairable? I would hate to drop the money for a new one. I'm at that point (most of you know also) where the HT funds are running low and I definitely don't have a new Graphic Eye budgeted in there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
2,532 Posts
Mike,

Where did you purchase your GE? Do you think they might help?

pam

· Registered
3,639 Posts
I wonder if it's just a a bad IR diode. Is there someone you know that solders on or fixes circuit boards? Maybe they'd be willing to have a look at it.

· Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I was out of town until just now. I will try a local electronics shop. They are factory authorized for a lot of high end audio and video equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.