Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys & Girls

I need some help I Just Purchased a Sony Wega 36 that is also a HDTV Monitor.

Here where I need the Help I see on the back of the Replay 4504 unit it has a VGA out from what I read it is a YPBPR Progressive out?

Two questions where can I get the Adapter Vga to YPBPR

And I also get Direct TV I have the correct dish what receiver do you guys suggest to get that plays well with the Serial out of the Replay unit??

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Steve, I believe you'll also have to configure the port to output YPrPb instead of VGA, but I'm not sure.

On the directv boxes search for directv and serial. There's a good thread with boxes including HDTV receivers (althought they are mostly older recievers, the list seems to get new updates). =)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys I will call them about the Cable on Mon

I cant seem to find the Thread on witch HDTV DirectTV Box to Use ?

Anyone Have a suggestion on one that works with the serial connection?

How about the SONY Sat HD100 That one has a Serial Connection.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Keep in mind that you should try all of your outputs -- component, s-video and, yes, even composite -- and make your own decision a to which works best for your setup. If your hdtv set has a better de-interlacer than replay's (which is pretty likely), you may end up with better picture quality with the s-video or composite than compoent. And if your hdtv set has a better comb filter than the replay (which is also pretty likely), you may end up with better picture quality with composite out than with s-video out.

The real point - you've got to try all the outputs before you decide that a given one fits your system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.