AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchuse a 15in sub from av123 and im having some issue im hoping someone can help me out here.. well i got a chance to setup my whole and hooked up my sub for the first time using reg audio cables from the harmon rec to the sub and im getting a really bad buzzing noise i called a few places to try to find out whats wrong here they said its more than likely the cable im using so i took a trip to circuit city and picked a subwoofer cable it says monster cable 400 on it try that but still getting that buzzing noise anyone know what i can do to get rid of this i even try other cables with no luck?

·
Banned
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csst /forum/post/15585475

i just purchuse a 15in sub from av123 and im having some issue im hoping someone can help me out here.. well i got a chance to setup my whole and hooked up my sub for the first time using reg audio cables from the harmon rec to the sub and im getting a really bad buzzing noise i called a few places to try to find out whats wrong here they said its more than likely the cable im using so i took a trip to circuit city and picked a subwoofer cable it says monster cable 400 on it try that but still getting that buzzing noise anyone know what i can do to get rid of this i even try other cables with no luck?

This is a great sub that will hang in there with some of the very best for considerably more money BUT it has a horrible ground loop problem. Fact. I have not had any pice of equipment in my system ever cause a ground loop hum and I have a lot and have had a lot of different equipment. Until I introduced that subwoofer into my system. I simply use a cheater plug and it works perfectly. Do I wish it didn't have the issue? Yes. But for $500 and the way this sub sounds am I willing to live with a cheater plug? Yes. YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys im going to look into this a bit more.. but im really new to this stuff but did hook everything p myself.. but i think i might have found the problm im hoping someone can help me fix it..i have a epson 1080UB and i was up on a chair and i disconnected th HDMI from the projector and the Noise went away?? what does this mean for me to fix it.. i plug the HDMI back into the projector and the noise came back?

·
Banned
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csst /forum/post/15586349

Thanks guys im going to look into this a bit more.. but im really new to this stuff but did hook everything p myself.. but i think i might have found the problm im hoping someone can help me fix it..i have a epson 1080UB and i was up on a chair and i disconnected th HDMI from the projector and the Noise went away?? what does this mean for me to fix it.. i plug the HDMI back into the projector and the noise came back?

You have a ground loop problem. Pure and simple. Here is a link to an AVS thread that will tell you all you need to know on what causes it, how to fix it, etc. A cheater plug on your sub will fix the problem.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=322698

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much worked like a charm picked up a 79 cent cheater plug worked perfect!! also i know this might not be the right spot to post this message but i have my laptop connected to my rec and rec going to projector now i have a 720p movie i have on my laptop and from time to time more times than not i get this what looks like a staic line that goes from top to bottom not sure why its doing this would anyone know what causes that.. im really hoping there some kind of fix for it?im not sure if its when a loud sound comes on it comes up not quite sure.. i havent gotten a chance to try this but the movie is 720p but my rec. set at 1080p i have a epson 1080ub projector and a harmon rec. any help would be great.. thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts