AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but would greatly appreciate any help. I bought a 51F59A from sears on 12/26/06, and have had problems right from the start. First of all after a few hours of viewing, the screen will go to solid green for about 30 seconds then it is fine again. I still have sound every time. Then a few hours later it will turn all red or all black. The picture is excellent before and after every occurence. I don't think its my cable because with the dvr box I have (hooked to the tv with an hdni cable) I can pause or rewind after the screen fixes itself and its fine. Plus it also with dvds. Also the tv shut itself off twice for no apparent reason, but turns right back on and seems fine. I called hitachi and they said the closest authorized repair place was 50 miles away so they recommended I call sears, and they sent some local tv shop who took it back to there store. They have had it for 6 days and say they have been running it and have seen no problems, but they want to keep it for a few more days. What should I do???

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Doesn't sound as it is a HDMI issue. What input was the DVD player on? How was it with the internal tuner? You did try the internal tuner didn't you??

I would return the set, but next time do some homework and find out from your local service shops just what brands they are authorized to service. Even if it was 30 miles. I would look elsewhere for a brand that was serviced locally (10 maybe 15 miles at the most).

·
Registered
19 Posts
The issue, as stated above, happens if there is anything hooked up to the HDMI input. It doesn't matter if you're viewing that input, it will happen across all inputs if there is anything in the HDMI slot. My set went into the shop for about a month, they replaced a capacitor, the issue is still there. Now I sit and wait for an upgrade from Hitachi.....what I'd like to do is exchange the set for a 51f710, but such is wishful thinking.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
You stated the HDMI part, but didn't say if it involved the other inputs.

Then you have two HDMI devices; a cable supplied DVR and a DVD player? If you disconnect one or the other is the issue still there? If so, sounds as that HDMI board (and/or related boards) needs to be changed out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.