AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this projector for about 5 years. My lamp was getting dim so I replaced it. As soon as I plugged the projector in the lamp blew. Ok, I got another lamp and put it in. I plugged in the projector and now I'm getting nothing. I can't find the manual so I was hoping that someone here would have some experience with this problem. Thanks. PS. Power has been verified to the projector. I'm an electrician.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
How do you know the lamp "blew"??!!

Sounds more to me like the lamp power supply "blew".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu /forum/post/0

How do you know the lamp "blew"??!!

Sounds more to me like the lamp power supply "blew".

In either case, the projector is not coming to life. What I know about the lamp fuse is this, there is one and it's soldered in. I don't know if that would cause the entire projector to not power up. I don't know where it is. I know the last new lamp came on for a spilt second. As it did I heard a pop and it went out. But the power indicator light at the power button remained on. Now I have another new lamp in it. I plugged it in but have gotten no power indicator light nor have any other indication of having power. I hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS1985 /forum/post/20876372

I just need info on it's location and where to get a new one.

It's not specifically a "lamp fuse". If it is blown, the entire projector will be "dead".

The original fuse is 1A but should be replaced with a 2A (this was a factory engineering change).

The fuse is easy to replace. It is on the middle board under the metal heat sink (see pic below). It is hard wired in (soldered) and requires a soldering iron to fix. Most people just wire in a Radio Shack replacement fuse holder with a 2A fuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After lots of research and taking apart my projector I finally found that elusive fuse. It was indeed blown. My next problem is finding a new one. I'm my area I only have Radio Shack to rely on. Unfortunately these days about all RS is good for is getting a cell phone. They don't carry solder-in fuses or fuse holders. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS1985 /forum/post/20878032

all RS is good for is getting a cell phone. They don't carry solder-in fuses or fuse holders.
Order online from the above supplied links or go to any electronics jobber in your area for generic items.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.