AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching the internet but did not find anyone else with the same problem I am having.

I purchased a Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 and had it installed yesterday (into my 1998 Honda Prelude). I have the GPS antanna, Bluetooth mic/cable, and Ipod cable for accessories. Everything with this unit works flawlessly, except for the Bluetooth.

I sat with the installer as he was showing me all the features of the unit and how to use them, but we had trouble (failure) connecting the Bluetooth with my phone...a Samsung Alias 2 (SCH-U750). My phone would "discover" the DNX8120, but every time I tried to connect it tells me I have the wrong passcode. The installer used 1111 as the passcode (which is what the default was set to), but went to reset it anyway and we tried again. Still, my phone kept telling me I had the wrong code. Any suggestions?

Edit: Any help/advice on EQ settings for this unit are appreciated as well!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP is there anyone good with troubleshooting Bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I suggest getting in touch with Kenwood customer support. But before you do, ask a couple of other people if they would try to connect their phones. This is to confirm it is the Kenwood unit and not YOUR phone.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought the default passcode was always 0000.

That's at least the case with my Samsung phone and JVC head unit.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney /forum/post/20803893

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought the default passcode was always 0000.

That's at least the case with my Samsung phone and JVC head unit.

I just thought the same thing. Motorola phone and Alpine deck here, but pairing code was 0000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts