AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typically put a nice little display in the front of my house on Halloween night. I drape a small room in front of my door with blacklights, glowing zombies, and motion sensor activated soundeffects. The kids love it! Well now I have an LT150! I was thinking to play a movie on the lawn. I have a small house. with a window facing the front yard. I can leave the projector in the house and project through the window. What kind of material can I use for REAR projection cheaply? Will a cheap white sheet(low thread count) work? Remember, picture quality is not a paramount concern for this application. Also, I have ambient light because of a street light maybe 40 or 50 feet away from the screen location. We'll be leaving the white segment on. If the picture is watchable, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yes, a low thread count see through white sheet should work well for rear projection. Just flip image on menu for rear projection. Sounds like a great idea http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I'll try that. I'll head to K-Mart and buy the cheapest white sheet I can find. Twin should work for a 16:9 image. I'll prop it up with 2x4's and a staplegun.

We can always count on Huey to chime in when no one else will!

I'll take pictures!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have been using RP with the LT150 for a while now. I use a CHEAP white sheet covering the garage opening with the PJ in the garage. I will also be doing the Halloween trick on a window from inside the house. Unless your window is huge, i wouldn't worry about the street light. On the other hand a quick test is very simple to perform long before all hallow's eve. You should have a bunch of fun!

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Wow that sounds cool. What do you guys plan on projecting??

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's for Halloween night so I was thinking something themed along those lines. It has to be something will little to no foul language and no adult scenes because it will be played outside for all to see, I think Mummy Returns is a good choice, and because it's new, it catch people's interest.

------------------

Kenwood KR-V990D Receiver

Apex AD-800 DVD Player

Pioneer CLD-D606 Laserdisc Player

Sony SLV-778HF HiFi VCR

Sony 35" Trinitron TV

Acoustic Research TSW-510 Main speakers

Infinity Center speaker

Boston Acoustics Rear in-wall speakers

Denon 8" subwoofer

NEC LT150 Projector

Dalite 100" model B matte white

·
Registered
728 Posts
Here are some ideas that TKOST are working on:

For our annual scareathon, we're looking at using an LT150, in rear projection slideshow mode, to project scary interior shots onto a scrim placed behind the front picture window.

Mad Scientist labs, Haunted House interiors, Morgues, Buffy Guest Villains, etc.

Since we have a huge archive of film and video to choose from, as well as the Web, putting together a slideshow shouldn't be too difficult; the LT150 can freeze and capture images directly to a CF card, so a digitizer and computer aren't even needed.

We also have many hours of Disneyland video- Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World- all the scary stuff, that we can excerpt and display between slideshows.

We can also set up a motion sensitive time-delayed video camera, by the door, so the little visitors can look at a second projected image as they leave, of how they looked, in life size. (Sony TRV120, BTV Pro, Cube, Epson 5000, Dalite screen hung from the Bee Tree.)

apg

·
Registered
65 Posts
I second "Nightmare before Christmas" -- there is a great clip with the song "This is Halloween" -- would be fantastic material.

Other ideas:

The Simpsons Halloween Special, there is a good reading of Edgar Allen Poe's "Raven".

The music video "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz would also be good visually.

-KB

------------------

Look before you leap - He who hesitates is lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.