AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a used Panamax 5100ex and would like to use the 4 switched outlets for my three Focal Solo6 be powered monitors and Integra 2.1 ADM 2 channel amp.

I followed the Panamax online owners manual, but can't seem to get the Marantz av7005 DC trigger to turn the switched outlets ON/OFF. Before I got the panamax, the av7005 trigger out worked fine with the Integra amp's dc trigger in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a used Panamax 5100ex and would like to use the 4 switched outlets for my three Focal Solo6 be powered monitors and Integra 2.1 ADM 2 channel amp.

I followed the Panamax online owners manual, but can't seem to get the Marantz av7005 DC trigger to turn the switched outlets ON/OFF. Before I got the panamax, the av7005 trigger out worked fine with the Integra amp's dc trigger in.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Look in the Marantz' menu for a section called 'Option'. That's usually where trigger setup is located.

You should look in the Marantz manual, not the Panamax.

Pg 54 for info on the triggers (current limit, etc) and Pg 85 for the actual setup.

Note: the triggers can only support 150mA, so it may not work. If nothing happens, look at the Panamax to see the current draw. If it's more than the Marantz can drive, come back and I can make a diagram for doing this cheaply, but reliably and safely.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look in the Marantz' menu for a section called 'Option'. That's usually where trigger setup is located.

You should look in the Marantz manual, not the Panamax.

Pg 54 for info on the triggers (current limit, etc) and Pg 85 for the actual setup.

Note: the triggers can only support 150mA, so it may not work. If nothing happens, look at the Panamax to see the current draw. If it's more than the Marantz can drive, come back and I can make a diagram for doing this cheaply, but reliably and safely.
I set Trigger 1 and 2 for ON. I don't have zone 1 or 2, so left those as "-" (or off?).

Here's the Panamax current draw, cut and pasted from page 4 of the Panamax Instructions manual:

http://ra.panamax.com/pdf/INS0785E_A.pdf

DC Trigger Input
Jacks:....................................................................3.5mm (1/8”) mini-plug
V
oltage and Polarity:.............................................3 - 24V DC, bidirectional
Current Requirement:........................................4.6 mA @3V, 58 mA @24V

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I set Trigger 1 and 2 for ON. I don't have zone 1 or 2, so left those as "-" (or off?).

Here's the Panamax current draw, cut and pasted from page 4 of the Panamax Instructions manual:

http://ra.panamax.com/pdf/INS0785E_A.pdf

DC Trigger Input
Jacks:....................................................................3.5mm (1/8”) mini-plug
V
oltage and Polarity:.............................................3 - 24V DC, bidirectional
Current Requirement:........................................4.6 mA @3V, 58 mA @24V

Do you have a multi-meter? If so, measure the Voltage on the tip of the cable- is it a mono (Tip and ring) 1/8" plug, or stereo (Tip, ring and sleeve)? Sometimes, the TRS plugs don't line up with the contacts in the jack. You might also make sure the plugs are fully inserted.

If you shut the Marantz off, insert the plug and turn it on, you may find that the voltage is present- these circuits usually just shut down if they're overloaded.

Zone 1 is Main, so set the trigger to ON to everything or, if there's an option to turn the triggers on With Power, do that.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a multi-meter? If so, measure the Voltage on the tip of the cable- is it a mono (Tip and ring) 1/8" plug, or stereo (Tip, ring and sleeve)? Sometimes, the TRS plugs don't line up with the contacts in the jack. You might also make sure the plugs are fully inserted.

If you shut the Marantz off, insert the plug and turn it on, you may find that the voltage is present- these circuits usually just shut down if they're overloaded.

Zone 1 is Main, so set the trigger to ON to everything or, if there's an option to turn the triggers on With Power, do that.
Yeah, my original 1/8" stereo cable didn't fully insert. I picked one up that did (before starting this thread). I do not have a voltage meter. Trigger is set to ON (and it does work with the Integra amp).

More background in case it helps: I only got my Marantz av7005 two months ago. Previously, I used my Acurus/Mondial RPC-120 (with it's 4 switched outlets, own 5V trigger and mono 1/8" cable) fine with a Pioneer Elite SC07 receiver for 4 years (the Mondial cable would only work when inserted 2/3rds of the way into the Pioneer, probably because it was mono, not stereo, and the 3rd "line" in the connector couldn't be inserted to keep the signal as mono?). Before that, I used the RPC-120 with an Aragon Soundstage prepro for 5+ years, as it was designed to be used with Acurus/Aragon gear. Well, the av7005 doesn't work with the RPC-120 either.

There's not much on the net now that Mondial is out of business. Here's one pic.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta..._rpc120_remote_power_contoller/images/123955/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts