AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm pretty sure I screwed up my cable box and just need to know how to get everything set back to default.

Basically here's what happened. I got home from work, picked up my remote and turned on my cable box but it took me to a 16:9 menu where I could make changes to the display of video from 480p to 1080i, 720p, or 480i. I'd never seen this menu before and when I tried to get out of the menu and go back to normal TV programming, half the buttons on my Comcast remote no longer respond.

For example: When I press "Info", nothing shows on the screen. When I press "Menu", nothing shows on the screen. When I press "Guide", nothing shows on the screen. When I press "setup", nothing shows up on the screen.

There's no more interactive TV Guide that I can use, and when I go to Channel 1 it just shows 2 screens of the same image but nothing to select.

I've tried unplugging my cable box for 5 mins and plugging it back in to get things back to normal, and no go. I've tried resetting my Comcast remote and no go. The internet is no help to me since I haven't found any steps to be able to get my digital features back up and working, so I'm turning here.

Please help if possible.

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
Many remotes can control other devices (TV, DVD, VCR). Look on the remote and press a button (usually at the top) that is labled "cable".

Maybe your remote is in another control mode.

·
Registered
17 Posts
may be unrelated. but try turning off the box, then immediately hit the menu button on the box. it should take you in to a set up menu. Set up the box to fit your TV, may be the same screen you saw before. See if that works. this should work on all moto boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts