AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this Vizio and straight out of the box it has had this problem: When first turned on after at least a couple of hours of being off, it seems to have trouble recognizing the signal (just my guess) - the audio is crackly and the picture freezes plus gets pixelated in certain areas. It stays this way for a minute or so and then shuts down. The Vizio light flashes (yellow & white) for another couple of minutes and then it turns back on and the picture and audio are fine. It does this every time. I called Vizio and they are no help. Has anyone experienced this or have a suggestion. I hate to return it and I am hoping it is just an adjustment that's needed or an incorrect setting. Thanks do much.

Bart

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What do you have connected to the Vizio and how is it/are they connected? Does this happen with all inputs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is hooked up to a Comcast HD cable box via an HDMI cable. I also tried it from the coax cable straight from the wall with the same result, but I have not tried other inputs. I will though, and let you know what happens.

Any suggestions on a replacement tv? I want LED, full array with local dimming.

Thanks a lot for responding!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
If you liked the Vizio, you may want to try a new one.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNOAH256 /forum/post/19644742

It's probably the tv it is a vizio and the problem is common!

I've had good luck with my Vizio for sure. 5 years old or so and counting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I think I may give Vizio one more try. The picture is really nice once it reboots itself and there don't seem to be many full array (non-edge lit) LEDs in the 55" range. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts