AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Pany plasma TH-42PH9UK which I don't know all that much about. Currently I have streaming netflix via internet computer and I want to figure out how I can get it to my TV. I've settled on getting a Roku but I'm not sure which one I should get.

My owner's manual lists my TV as 'pixels = 1024w x 768h, 3072 x 768 dots'. I'm sorry I don't know enough to correctly express what my TV's definition is, but I hope these numbers will give a good enough idea. I don't want to bottleneck my TV with a Roku so I want to get one that will give as much supply as my tv can handle.

The Roku 2 HD is described as 720p and the Roku 2 XD is described as 1080p.

Which one of these should I get for my TV?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
16,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyheathhays /forum/post/20812577

I have an old Pany plasma TH-42PH9UK which I don't know all that much about. Currently I have streaming netflix via internet computer and I want to figure out how I can get it to my TV. I've settled on getting a Roku but I'm not sure which one I should get.

My owner's manual lists my TV as 'pixels = 1024w x 768h, 3072 x 768 dots'. I'm sorry I don't know enough to correctly express what my TV's definition is, but I hope these numbers will give a good enough idea. I don't want to bottleneck my TV with a Roku so I want to get one that will give as much supply as my tv can handle.

The Roku 2 HD is described as 720p and the Roku 2 XD is described as 1080p.

Which one of these should I get for my TV?

Thanks for your help!

Your display is 768p, so there is no point getting the 1080p Roku (unless you are planning on upgrading your plasma to a 1080p plasma). You can also buy a streaming BluRay player instead of the Roku (I highly recommend the Panasonic 110 for wired or 210 for WiFi).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.