AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the BIC V1020 and It doesn't do nothing. The sony hd700 receiver says it has a sw connected. I get real close to it and I could barely hear it. It seems like it's sending the bass to the speakers. IF I turn the volume all the way up on the sw, the speakers seem to get more bass.

Thanks to anyone that helps

· Registered
29,506 Posts
Did you set all your speakers to SMALL? That way all the bass gets routed to the subwoofer.

Did you calibrate you system once you added the sub?

Did you adjust/set a crossover for your speakers?

What brand/model are your other speakers?

There is also a volume control on the sub, perhaps you need to turn it up?

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18121873

Did you set all your speakers to SMALL? That way all the bass gets routed to the subwoofer.

Did you calibrate you system once you added the sub?

Did you adjust/set a crossover for your speakers?

What brand/model are your other speakers?

There is also a volume control on the sub, perhaps you need to turn it up?

1. All my speakers are set to small.

2.Yes

3.Yes

4.Take 5 Classics

5. I have turn all the way up and nothing.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18124472

Do you have hd700 or STR-DH700?

The STR-DH700 you can first turn the subwoofer pre-out ON(yes/no)

Make sure your subwoofer itself is turned on and turn the cross-over on the subwoofer is at its highest (160hz) level

STR-DH700, I did all that and nothing. I called BIC and they said I got a DOA sub. Gotta send it back and wait another week to complete my system. The speakers and receiver sound really good with dts ma.

· Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls4ever7 /forum/post/18125770

STR-DH700, I did all that and nothing. I called BIC and they said I got a DOA sub. Gotta send it back and wait another week to complete my system. The speakers and receiver sound really good with dts ma.

That was going to be my next thought

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k, I return my bic v1020 and purchase another bic v1020. In both of them I haven't seen the woofer move. Did I get another defective sub or I'm I doing something wrong? On this one I feel more rumble. I have a sony dh700,take 5 speakers. Well, I found out it's name a cone the thing that I haven't seen move.

· Registered
9,769 Posts
JChin
Quote:
Did the sub get a test tone when running Auto Setup?

crazyrob425
Quote:
The STR-DH700 does NOT send a test tone to the subwoofer during autosetup you just have to turn it on through the reciever menu

crazyrob425 is correct that it does NOT sent a test tone during Auto Calibration.

But actual you can perform a manual test tone to the subwoofer, see page 35 in OM.

Qestions:

Does the SW and LFE indicator lights up when your source is playing? (see page 9 and reference #1 and #2 pic)

Maybe you should reset the unit to return settings back to factory default. (see page 29 in OM)

Subwoofer Setting:

Power to "ON" (for now and set to AUTO after getting it all going)

Phase to "0"

Volume to "1/2"

Crossover Freq to "MAX" (the highest setting)

Crossover Switch to "ON" (or "OFF" it doesn't matter since crossover is control by the receiver)

Perform AUTO Calibration

In System Menu Parameters Settings:

SW SPK Subwoofer to "YES"

FRT, CNT, SUR SPK to "SMALL"

Set CRS FREQ

· Registered
7,003 Posts
How have you connected your subwoofer to your STR-DH700, please give detail!

When you turn on your STR-DH700 and it displays the speakers in the upper right of the displate is their a box with SW?

Is the volume of the Subwoofer turned up?

What is your phase set at?

Do a test hook up with it by hooking up using regular speaker wire. Make sure you set your front speakers to large after you do this. And make sure the volume is up on the subwoofer about half way and the cross over frequency it about 120hz

If the hooking up by speaker wire doesn't get the subwoofer to work then you got another defective sub. If the sub works with speaker wire the subwoofer is not the problem its the reciever

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/18149894

JChin

crazyrob425

crazyrob425 is correct that it does NOT sent a test tone during Auto Calibration.

But actual you can perform a manual test tone to the subwoofer, see page 35 in OM.

Qestions:

Does the SW and LFE indicator lights up when your source is playing? (see page 9 and reference #1 and #2 pic)

Maybe you should reset the unit to return settings back to factory default. (see page 29 in OM)

Subwoofer Setting:

Power to "ON" (for now and set to AUTO after getting it all going)

Phase to "0"

Volume to "1/2"

Crossover Freq to "MAX" (the highest setting)

Crossover Switch to "ON" (or "OFF" it doesn't matter since crossover is control by the receiver)

Perform AUTO Calibration

In System Menu Parameters Settings:

SW SPK Subwoofer to "YES"

FRT, CNT, SUR SPK to "SMALL"

Set CRS FREQ

SW does light up but, not lfe. I also have all those settings. It seems to work but, I would like to know if the cone has to move. I also have to put it to 7 on volume to really feel it.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18149958

How have you connected your subwoofer to your STR-DH700, please give detail!

When you turn on your STR-DH700 and it displays the speakers in the upper right of the displate is their a box with SW?

Is the volume of the Subwoofer turned up?

What is your phase set at?

Do a test hook up with it by hooking up using regular speaker wire. Make sure you set your front speakers to large after you do this. And make sure the volume is up on the subwoofer about half way and the cross over frequency it about 120hz

If the hooking up by speaker wire doesn't get the subwoofer to work then you got another defective sub. If the sub works with speaker wire the subwoofer is not the problem its the reciever

1. I have it connected in the sub out and lfe in on the sub

2.SW does show up

3.Yes, to really feel it I have to put up to 7

4.phase 0

Does the cone have to move forward and backwards with my sub? I haven't seen it move and would like to know if its normal.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18150272

Do you feel air coming out of the port when you feel bass?

As long as you can hear the lows and bass thats all you need

I feel air but, not from the port(woofer side). I did a tone test and I could hear it but, barely. How could I make it louder? I have the volume of the sub halfway. I couldn't hear it before when I ran the test tone. Maybe it was because of the carpet.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/18150473

On the sub, what color is the indicator light when the receiver is playing?

Maybe you should reset the unit to return settings back to factory default.

Green, I guess it works. I did the test tone and put the volume up on the receiver and I hear a rumble when It plays the sub. Is it better to have the sub off the carpet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.