AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just received my x1 and I'm having a problem. I have comcast digital cable and for some reason when I turn to a different channel the x1 goes to a blue screen and reads "searching" on the bottom left.

The thing is that it does this on certain stations(about 1/3). I get the audio but no picture. Did I receive a defective unit or am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks

· Registered
264 Posts
How are you connecting to the X1 (composite/s-video/VGA).

Is this a plain jane digital cable box or a high definition receiver?

Which firmware version are you using? I think it's in the about box on the menu.

I know there are some sync problems with samsung hd boxs depending on the firmware version. It might alo be an issue with some comcast equipment.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a high def box with component(VESA) adapter. The high def box is a motorola, don't know the model though.

I just received the x1 today so I guess its current on the firmware?

So you're saying that it has do to with the comcast(motorola) box?

Sorry if this repeats, I think my last post didn't go through

· Registered
1,975 Posts
That's probably the Motorola DCT 5100. And most likely you are losing signal when switching between a Standard Def channel and a High Def one. There is a setting you can get to by turning off the 5100 and then hit the Menu button on your remote. I suggest that, for now at least, you turn off the 480 Override and set the output type to whatever is appropriate for how you have your X1 connected.

See
http://technut_log.blogspot.com/2003....html#94975509

for some links to DCT 5100 guides etc, and
http://www.cjhengineering.com/5100fa...80%20Override?

(look at the Setting Up section on "What are & how do I change the Settings in the DCT5100 for the TV Type, Y/Pb/Pr output, & 480 Override?")

And see
http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/#6

for info on the X1's inputs and what signals they take.

· Registered
104 Posts
There was a similar issue with a Samsung STB with Firmware v3.8 (I have it, and have the same issue). This is said to be fixed by downgrading to v3.6

Do not know if the issue with Moto is similar

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rkapur
There was a similar issue with a Samsung STB with Firmware v3.8 (I have it, and have the same issue). This is said to be fixed by downgrading to v3.6

Do not know if the issue with Moto is similar
I think the Samsung issue was with losing sync when the screen goes bright white or some similar content issue? I have the Motorola DCT 5100 and I haven't seen anything like that.

I think the problem gimmin74 is having (based on the limited information) is that the Motorola can send a different signal depending on whether the channel is SD or HD. Eg. it can send SD at 480i and HD at 1080i and it will switch back and forth over the same component cables depending on which channel you tune to. By going into the menu you can disable that and have the Motorola convert all the material to the same signal type.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much technut.......Exactly the answer I was looking for. Yes, it occurs when switching from high def to standard.

Funny though, I can't see rainbows no matter how hard I look.....

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right turbodog. I guess I'm paranoid cause I was very, very worried about the rainbows everyone was talking about. This forum makes you worry 'bout the smallest things.

I'll stop lookin for them, per your request!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.