AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question at the netremote forums but no one answered me, figured that I would ask here instead:

I had a problem with my Dell Axim and they sent me a new one that has PPC2003 installed and after a few issues that I figured out, netremote is working fine for me. The only thing that I cannot figure out is my old version (.94 I was using prior) is how to power on and off Media Center 9, there are no keys (that I can see) to do this with the files that are released with the netremote suite, also the menu key on the PPC does not do anything when I press it, is this normal? I have not enabled cover art yet, should I? Is there any issues with the cover art like it use to be?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Jim,

Powering on and off MediaCenter (J. River's) will require using Girder. There are a few girder .gml's out there that do this (I believe) and would only require you to create the button to call the girder action.

Regarding the menu key, have you tried using the "Configure hardkeys" option to see if you can assign an action to the menu button? My pocket pc's don't have a menu button, so I can't try this here. Let me know if this works or not.

Regarding cover art, I would recommend enabling coverart but setting it to Medium or Small. This will allow for decent performance with cover art.

Thanks Jim!

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried configuring the "hardkeys" but on this version, they do not seem to work like in my prior .94 version, I do not have volume control, next/back, or even pause function using the hardkeys. I am running girder and have done so since the .94 version and have a .gml file loaded for it, but since the new skin that was loaded with the current release does not have a "on" or "off" button, it seems that I cannot make it work, does that mean that I need to redesign the skin for the axim? I would think that updating versions would not remove functionality of the older versions?

Has anyone done a custom skin that added "on" or "off" functions?

Thanks,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.