AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a new 52 sony w4100 put it up the day after i got it home so it was warmed to room temp , put it on the wall hooked it up too the hdmi cord was working for about 15 minutes then it goes black and shuts off so i turned it back on went back too see if the sleep timer or any other auto shut off deals were set to on and in 10 minutes it goes black and it shuts off again and then i noticed that the standby light was flashing so i looked in manual and it said check the pc power management so i tried turning it on and it took a couple times but it finally came on so i went to check out the pc deal and it was not on then it went off again the standby light is flashing 14 times then stops then starts again 14 times then e.t.c e.t.c , this was late lastnight so i unplugged it and this morning plugged it back in and it was working for 15 minutes then it goes black and shuts off and the standby light is flashing so i turn it back on too go into the setttings to check too see if something has changed since i unplugged it and it was on for 3 minutes and the sound goes out and goes black but t,v stays on and now the t.v is staying on but no picture and everythingelse is on but no sound or picture nothing , i unhooked all the cords and rehooked and unplugged and still no sound or picture but all is on and everytime before the picture wentout there was sound now nothing REALLY REALLY GOING NUTS , and all worked perfect before till i put this 52 UP

i am running a sony es300 home reciever, direct t.v h.d reciever with axiom speaker just so you know and all worked before this t.v

ANY IDEAS NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS ??????????????????????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o.k now this i unplug the hdmi cord and the t.v was on for like 20 minutes while i was looking into all the plugs went into the t.v settings and hit hdmi 2 and it came on and all was working sound and all and that went on for 2 minutes and it went black and t.v shut off and standby light is flashing and sound works which it should work with the t.v on all anyway so why with the the hdmi unplugged there was sound and t.v stayed on ( no picture ) but when plugged back in t.v goes out and stll have sound ?????????????

i wounder if the cord could cause this but you wouldnt think the cord would cause the t.v standby light to flash would it go to try something right now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i tried a new hdmi cord and 4 minutes later samething , black screen ,t.v turns off , standby light flashing 14 times and still have sound

SO IT MUST BE THE PIECE OF S--T T.V , SHOULD OF BOUGHT THE PIONEER PLASMA

I AM REALLY MAD GUESS I HAVE TO ANOTHER 3 HOUR DRIVE TO TRY TO TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT , IT TOOK TO 2 TRIPS ALREADY TO GET BECAUSE THEY KEPT SCREWING UP

i 3 sonys right besides this one and never had any problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts