AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old tv only has component video in and 1080 hd. I've searched everywhere and cannot find anyone who knows how to go from the mini displayport on a new MBP to my tv. Is there anyone here how knows how this might be done?

Thanks!

d

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
I don't think any Mac users have found that a cable like that works...the RGB (of VGA) to Y/Pb/Pr (of component) isn't a simple conversion...those few who have succeeded going component have had to use a relatively expensive transcoder, like this:

http://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/9A60

It's been a few years since I read of anyone trying, and I bet most just buy a newer, better HDTV, but, in theory you can use a mini DP to VGA adaptor connected to a VGA to component transcoder.

Personally, I'd sell the TV and buy a new one.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefklc /forum/post/16952565

Personally, I'd sell the TV and buy a new one.

Time for a new TV. TVs have improved drastically since the analog only age, and prices have cratered.

If you absolutely, positively insist on keeping the old TV you are much better off buying an Apple TV, which has component out then trying to get anywhere with transcoders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.