AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello Friends,

Before everything, please let me congrat all of you for the great forum, topics and support.

After saying that, let my expain you my situation. I recently buy an Onkyo TX-NR708, and a set of 9.1 speakers. Since the onkypmis a 7.2, i have no idea of howmi could set up the system to play the 9 speakers at a time. It habe 11 speakers plugs, but it only plays 7 a time. The receiver also have 7preamp outs.

What you i do? ... anything i can do to play 9 channels at the same time (L, R, C, SR, SL, SRB, SLB, FHR, FHL).

I will be so thanks for the help.

P.S.: As English is not my native language, sorry if any mistake or bad grammary.

NelsonX from D.R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking to have one zone playing 9 channel at a time, each one playing the role it is suppose to be: R, L, C, SR, SL, SBR, SBL, FHR and FHL.

Thanks,

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Look for some kind of 9 channel stereo mode. Generally they are pretty bad though, I'd use Pro-Logic IIx Music.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I trying the options on the receiver, and when i select Dolby Pro Logic II it let me choise between Fron Height or Back Surround. But what i want if to have both pairs of speakers and effect at the same time.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
It might not allow you, for example on my Yamaha I can use the extra channels to bi-amp OR for Zone 2. Not both at the same time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry, even though you can wire up 11 speakers, the TX-NR708 can only output 7 channels in the main area at a time, and just 5 channels if you're using powered Zone 2. An external amp for Zone 2 lets you continue to use 7 channels in the main room, but won't let you expand to 9 channels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts