AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new poster but I browse from time to time.

I recently purchased a Panasonic SC-PT770 system from a friend because he was buying a new/better system.

I set it up and it sounds great, aside from one glaring issue, and that is the rear wireless speakers cutting out constantly. And I mean constantly during any situation where the audio is persistent in the rear. (Music, Football Game Crowds, ect.)

The wireless link icon is not cutting out though, which is odd.

I have tried putting the both the wireless components in an array of different angles and heights, and nothing seems to resolve the cutting out. I live in an apartment, so the living room is not THAT big.

I do have a fair amount of components, such as gaming consoles and a DVR. But even with everything off, even my wireless router in the other room turned off, there is still a constant cutting out.

This issue is really preventing me from enjoying my new system at all, I know it is on the lower end cost wise, but it worked fine for my friend and many of the people that own it...

Anyways, any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
...but I would like to piggyback on this request. It's an infrequent problem for me, but it always happens at the worst times and there seems to be no predicting it. It definitely is an issue with my abundance of electronics clashing with the radio transmitter. Is there any way to mod it to amplify the signal or something? I essentially watch television on the internet so I can't really turn my wireless hub off, nor can I turn off my or my girlfriend's cell phones that i'm sure are interfering too.

I've read this complaint a number of places for near a couple years now, so I would be surprised if anyone had a fix. But crazy amounts of respect to anyone who might be able to solve the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My setup has the wireless receiver behind a couch about 10 feet from the receiver with a wall directly behind. What I have found is by placing the unit on its side with the power button parallel to the receiver rather than the power button and wireless receiver facing the home theater unit directly, it tends to get a more reliable surround sound signal.

I also have issues when sitting directly in the line of the home theater receiver and wireless receiver behind our couch when using a PS3 wireless controller (bluetooth). It seems to interfere with the wireless receiver. Conversely it do not get the same interference when using a 360 controller which I think is rf or radio frequency rather than bluetooth which is weird because bluetooth is supposed to prevent or reduce interference.

If I sit to the side of the couch and not directly in front of the unit it works fine. Also if your room allows more room behind your couch and you can elevate the wireless receiver, say by the use of a table or shelf this also provided a more consistent signal without the cutting out of sound. I use to keep the wireless receiver elevated to about the height of the back of my couch. Leaning against the wall and couch, with the couch pushed all the way against the wall. Although it helped with the signal I didn't want to take the risk of having the wireless receiver fall.

These tips are what worked for my but depending on room and surrounding devices your results may vary. I am moving soon and will have a chance to try a new setup as the media room wont have a wall behind the couch and I may be able to wide the wireless receiver in the ceiling and out of sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts