AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while a go about me getting in 6 53" rear projectors along with a video wall controller. Well, I got the white elephant now.

Three of the (what looks like) standard rear projection TV's were set up so the image is upside down, and I now want to right it.

If I flip the yokes, I get the pix the right way around, but due to the mirrors etc the image is way out of convergence.

I have no model number for these. All I can tell you is:

-5 years old (approx)

-made by Philips with the GVC name on them

-fully digital convergence (remote adjusted?). No analog controls in the set at all.

-video and RGB inputs on the set, with an RF input as well.

-No sound amplifcation or speakers in the unit

I do have a Philips user remote that gives no clue how to adjust the convergence. Is this done with a separate remote or with a hidden menu?

Attached is a pix of the 'guts' if it helps.

TIA!

Curt

·
Registered
500 Posts
Curt,

Did those boat anchors come from Calgary? General Video Corporation had a local agent about 5 years ago that unloaded a few of these things. I have set some up years ago, give me an email.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, from a local strip bar. They got replaced with a 'minty' 1100 hour Sony 1252 driven with a DVDO. White painted wall, and the image looks better than the video wall has in 4 years.:D

The owner loves it. Also replaced a fading NEC DP-1200 with a Barco G 800. The owner now wants a line doubler on it too!

I'll be emailing you, thanks!

Curt

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Who looks at a projector in a strip bar? Even if it's a minty one. What a salesman you must be... And while we're on the topic of minty, I'm looking for a minty 07MS G. You got one kicking around?

I've got a full set of minty SD-187s but don't want to mix tubes in this projector.

Chip S.;)

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me Chip, with the dogs on stage here, a good looking CRT projector is a welcome change...:D :D :D

I do have a minty green tube. Send me an email to

[email protected]

Thanks!

Curt

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Sounds like the only strip joint in town where they pay you a cover charge to come in. What are they showing with the PJ, re-runs of Lassie?;) YGM...

Chip S.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the super secret password from GVC. Nice bunch of guys, but you gotta wonder exactly how big the company is, when the guy receptionist knows the password off by heart..;)

For those of you that did not need to know:

062597, 'menu'.

That gets you into the very cool point convergnce menus.

Beware, it took me about an hour per set to get the convergence even marginally close. That was only on the sets where I had to flip the yokes around to get the pix the right way 'round again.

Curt

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is the same code to enter the convergence service menu on a brand new philips 66pp9601 that I bought a month ago. Maybe thats why he knows it by heart.

Dave

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey Curt,

Thought you would be amused at the GVC corporate staff. I think it is run out of some guys garage :). As for the convergance on the sets. Try loosening the yokes and repositioning them after. It made a big difference on the ones I did.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.