Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post and explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need some expertise help here...

I had a Pioneer 5070 for about 2 years and recently my house was broken into and it was stolen, along with other stuff. I now am in the market to have it replaced by insurance and have 3 TVs in mind. There is no question I am staying with Pioneer although I did consider the Panny V10 and Sammy 860...

I like the KRP-500M, PRO-101FD and PRO-111FD

I understand the 500 and 101 are monitors but I did not use OTA HD anyways (I planned on it but never did) and I could buy a tuner and use that if I went this route. I like the fact that these are both really thin. I want to know all the differences between these two (besides the Elite logo and menu options). I don't need speakers anyways, I never even put them on the 5070. The 111 seems like the most viable option but its so thick and I hear the monitors look a little better.

I do mainly TV watching; sports, shows and some movies. Rarely play games (if ever).

Could you guys give me your input on my best option, money is not an issue with this so lets compare based on the TVs themselves. Thanks everyone and I will be sure to post pictures when I buy one!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
i would go with the 500M (or 600M) and get the ISFccc patch and ControlCal from Turbe.

get one while they are still available.

there is a sticky at top of the forum with info

·
Registered
885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANMAN421 /forum/post/16974185

Is the 500 that much better than the 101??? What's the difference?

It's a matter of value more than what is "better." The 500M is cheaper because

a) it doesn't come with ISFccc calibration modes (although those can be had cheaply with a third-party software patch);

b) the 101 is made from "hand-selected" components - although I don't know that anyone's been able to figure out if that means much of anything; and

c) it only has 2 HDMI inputs, while the 101 has 4.

Technology-wise, they are very similar and both contain ingredients from the never-to-be-built next-generation Pioneers that make them the blackest plasma displays ever made.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was in the same situation last week. I looked at these

side by side running the same content, really hard to see

the difference. Both had been professionally calibrated

and the 500M had "the patch". But I wanted bigger, and

today I took delivery of my new KURO 600M. I use my

satellite receiver and surround sound so speakers and

tuner didn't matter.

Good luck with you decision. I vote 500M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.